|In addition to your research here, you should ask counselors, teachers, parents, and friends any other questions you have about college.
Talk to your guidance counselor (or teachers, if you don't have access to a guidance counselor) about the following:
- Going to a four-year college or university
- Courses to start taking in grade 9
- The importance colleges and universities place on grades, and what year in school grades will start to be considered in the admissions process
- College preparatory classes you should be taking in high school (grades 9 through 12)
- Academic enrichment programs (including summer and weekend programs) available through your school or local colleges
Remember, you will have more options if you start planning now and keep your grades up.
Think about pursuing extracurricular activities (such as sports, performing arts, volunteer work, or other activities that interest you).